Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Review: Etude House Bling In The Sea Proof 10 Color Eye Stick

Hey everyone! I'm back with another review and today it's going to be on the Etude House Bling In The Sea Proof 10 Color Eye Stick. Insanely long name LOL. Basically these are cream eyeshadows in stick form with a smudger-tip on the other end of the stick. There's 10 different colours in this range of eyeshadow sticks and the ones I have are BE102 Sandy Gold and BR402 Sunset Brown.





First of all, I noticed that the cap of the product is very secure and extremely hard to open. This is a good thing since it ensures that your cream eyeshadow won't dry out as fast but also a bad thing because it requires so much force to open.

The tip of the brown eyeshadow stick is flat because when I tried to close it, I put the smaller smudge-tip cap instead of the bigger one.. so it's flattened ~_~

These eyeshadow sticks are very easy and quick to use. They glide on so easily and the pigmentation is great! The colour becomes even more vibrant if an eyelid primer is used beforehand (duh...)


Since this product comes with a smudger-tip, you can smudge out the colour before it sets. When freshly applied, the shadow is very easy to blend out/smudge with the smudger sponge but after the shadow sets, it will not budge. At all.

With that being said, these eyeshadow sticks are very long wearing and also very waterproof. Even rubbing the colour under running water won't remove it from the skin. The eyeshadow only comes off when removed with makeup remover. These eyeshadow sticks also stay very well on my oily eyelids and doesn't crease at all! ^^

Here are the swatches on my arm:
Left: Sandy Gold. Right: Sunset Brown.


PROS:
  • Pigmented
  • Long wearing even on oily eyelids
  • Waterproof
  • Does not crease
CONS:
  • Quite hard to get the cap off (this isn't a complete con LOL)
All the colours in this range are very bright and summery because they were from a summer collection. Even though the bright colours like the pink or the orange are very beautiful, I kinda wish that they came up with more neutral colours for everyday wearable looks. That's all for this review post! Thanks for reading :D

6 comments:

  1. Sunset brown looks pretty! Shimmer isn't really my think, so do they have matte colours? (Kinda stupid question since it's called bling in the sea xD)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha no, there's only glittery and shimmery shades! I wish there were tho X)

      Delete
  2. Great review! This is tempting because of the the waterproof and no creasing.
    I don't think I need it but damn, go Etude XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They're still on 20% sale now I think :P

      Delete
  3. Just nominated you for the Liebster Award! and I love the color for Sunset Brown!

    Check it out at my blog: www.beautymentions.blogspot.com

    -Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are such pretty colors! I think Sandy Gold would be such a cute inner highlight. Great review :D

    http://19th-tealeaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete