Saturday, July 5, 2014

Review: The Body Shop Skin Primer Matte It

Hello everyone! This review is going to feature The Body Shop's Skin Primer Matte It. There's also another version which is the 'Moisture It' but I chose the matte one because my skin is on the oilier side. These primers are available at all TBS outlets and they retail for $24.90 BND.

(Note: There's something stuck in my camera lens so don't mind the dark spot/smudge at the bottom of the photos)

First off, the packaging. This primer comes in a transparent matted tube; which is great because you get to see how much product you have left. There's 25ml of product in the tube and I noticed that whenever I use it, I only need a very, very tiny amount of product because this spreads out so easily and smoothly.

The photo below shows how the primer looks like when squeezed out of the tube. The texture of this primer is very smooth and velvelty; even more than Etude House's Pore Primer. It smoothens out my skin which makes BB cream/foundation blend easier and look better in general but I have to say, if too much is applied, it can tend to make makeup look cakey :/


As for the performance of the oil control, this primer is SO GOOD! When I have this on, my face can stay matte for around 3-4 hours before my skin starts to get a little bit shiny. 

Overall, I don't really have a lot to say about this primer but it is very good and definitely worth a try if you have oily skin or looking for a good oil-controlling primer! 

Also, before I end this post, just wanna say that I made an Instagram account to post up daily (days that I actually wear makeup) make up look photos! My username is @makeupbyk_m :)

Thanks for reading, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. I didn't know TBS has primer too! Thanks for sharing.

    xx
    http://felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that this would be a very good primer for me! ^^ I'll make sure that I try this out soon~ *u* Thank you so much for sharing this.
    -Kiyomi xx
    kokorosasa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is about the same price with the Banila Co. one (online)...how does it compare with that? I might need to try this or that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Banila Co. one has a thicker texture and also lasts longer than this one..but then TBS always has sales so.. X)

      Delete