Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Review: Catrice All Matt Plus Shine Control Makeup

Hello everyone! Today's review is going to be on the Catrice All Matt Plus Shine Control Makeup. This foundation claims to be mattifying, long lasting and oil-free. There are 4 different shade selections for this foundation and the one that I got was 020 Nude Beige. This foundation can be found at Paloma outlets, priced at $9.90 BND for 30ml of product.


Firstly, let's talk about the packaging. This foundation comes packaged in a frosted glass jar, and this makes the product look more expensive and higher end than it actually is! Also, what's really great about this product is that, it comes with a pump!

The consistency of this product is quite nice, there isn't an accurate term for describing it because to me, I think that it's not too runny and it's also not too thick. The shade that I chose matched my skin spot on! Initially I only used the tester at the store on my wrist to look for a match, so I was rather worried that it would not match me but, when I tried it on my face, it blended in as if it were second skin. 

I apply this product by taking a full pump on the back of my hand and then spreading it onto my face with a foundation brush and blend it in afterwards. I find that this foundation has relatively light coverage but it can be built up easily without making your skin look cakey. The finish of this foundation is not completely matte but more of a semi-matte or satin finish; which looks great.

As for the claims of mattifying and oil-control, I find that even with an oil-controlling primer and loose setting powder, my face still does get shiny after around 3 hours so I wouldn't say that it's the best product for keeping your face makeup looking matte. Although, I haven't tried using this foundation with a compact powder that is supposed to control oil. Maybe that would work better? I'm not so sure...I wanted to get the All Matt Plus Shine Control Powder but I couldn't find it at the store so I used this with my Tony Moly Face Mix Finish Loose Powder.

 Without foundation:

With foundation (Left -no flash. Right -with flash) 

And so to summarise,

Pros: 
  • Can be easily built up without looking cakey
  • Good packaging
  • A pump is included
  • Shade matched my skin perfectly!!
  • Feels light on the skin
Cons:
  • Only 4 shades available
  • Not very mattifying
  • Oil control not as great as expected

That's it for this review! Overall, I really like the look of the foundation and so far I don't have any problems with using this product so, I will continue to use it and try out different ways.

1 comment:

  1. My compliments for your blog and pictures included,I invite you in my photoblog "photosphera" and "flash curiosity news".

    CLICK PHOTOSPHERA

    CLICK FLASH CURIOSITY NEWS

    Greetings from Italy

    ReplyDelete